- Dow Futures were trading lower by 100 points Monday morning, S&P 500 & NASDAQ Futures were down half a percent,
- Caterpillar (NYSE: CAT) is expected to release earnings before market open on Monday, analyst targeting $2.98 earnings per share.
- Whirlpool (NYSE: WHR) and AK Steel (NYSE: AKS) are set to report after the close
We are set for another busy earnings week with Caterpillar set to kick it off Monday morning. Investors will also be eyeing talks of keeping the government open after President Trump signed a bill to temporarily reopen the government on Friday until Feb. 15.
Trump said that the chance of an agreement that includes $5.7 billion in funding for a wall on the southern border was less than 50% and that another shutdown was “certainly an option”.
Europe and Asian markets are both mostly red with the $DAX currently down 18 points.
Looking at commodities, gold continues it strong rally and is now currently trading at $1,305 per ounce while oil is slightly lower at $52.78.
Caterpillar Earnings Update
- Shares of Caterpillar were sharply lower after the company announced Q4 earnings that missed expectations
- Adjusted EPS came out at $2.55 versus analyst targets of $2.98
- Revenue was $14.34 billion versus analyst targets of $14.3 billion